Learn to live mindfully. Experience less stress, more joy and make better choices. Develop & deepen your mindfulness practice. Six weekly sessions in Canberra. Starts 2 May. Includes free meditations and ongoing support from experienced Wellbeing Coach Joan Cornish.
More and more people are experiencing overwhelm, anxiety and difficult relationships.
But there is a way to stop getting caught in negative patterns, and learn how to respond wisely rather than react wildly to life’s challenges.
Mindfully Me – a six week mindful living course to decrease stress and increase wellbeing.
Practiced regularly, mindfulness is a proven pathway to greater contentment and inner peace, through the development of compassion, awareness and focused attention. Mindfulness can help to calm the nervous system, counter stress and anxiety, and restore much needed balance to your life.
Each week press pause on the hectic pace of modern life and join with others for quiet reflection in a small group setting. At the core of each class will be mindfulness and meditation practice.
“Within you there is a stillness and a sanctuary to which you can retreat at any time and be yourself.” – Herman Hesse
- how to grow and deepen your mediation practice – 30 to 40 minutes of every class will be spent practicing, with additional home practice
- the key to transforming all your relationships: the way you think, feel, eat, live, love and work
- the benefits of cultivating a non-judging attitude of openness, curiosity and kindness
- how to work with the mind (countering the negativity bias, learning to live with your fears)
- wise ways for handling life challenges guided by your values
- responding vs. reacting, making better moment-to-moment choices
- why reconnecting with nature is your path to inner peace (and the benefits for your health and wellbeing)
- tried and true tips to make mindfulness practice an indispensable part of your life
Who its for
- All beginning mindfulness practitioners, and those with some experience, wishing to embed a mindfulness practice into their daily lives.
- Those wanting to build resilience, self-awareness and self-compassion through practical skills and experience.
The course will be adapted to the needs of participants, with a focus on befriending yourself as you develop your own formal and informal mindfulness practice.
Mindfulness can be an effective complement but is not a substitute for other mental health treatments. Where relevant, please discuss participation in the course with your current health practitioners.
What you will gain
Your commitment to attend all classes and practice daily for 10 to 20 minutes will allow you to receive the many benefits of mindfulness:
- greater sense of wellbeing
- ability to better handle day-to-day life situations and stress
- increased levels of attention and focus
- a new relationship to your thoughts, feelings and experiences
- a deeper understanding and insight into your mind and self
Backed by decades of scientific research and growing participation worldwide, from elite sportspeople and artists to the world’s most successful companies, daily mindfulness practice for a period of 6 to 8 weeks will actually change your brain.
- 6 weekly sessions x 1.5 hours
- Effective mindfulness tools and meditations
- Worksheets and weekly inspirational email
- Ongoing support and guidance from an experienced mindfulness practitioner and coach
- Connection with a group of like-minded people
- In class meditations for 30 to 40 minutes, daily mindfulness practice of 10 to 20 minutes throughout the program
When: Wednesdays 7.00 to 8.30pm (1.5 hours)
Where:Brindabella Natural Health, Dickson
Dates: 2 May to 6 June (6 Wednesdays)
Investment: $255 paid in full on booking the course.
Alternatively, a non-refundable $100 course booking fee can be paid to secure a spot, with remainder of $170 payable no later than 1 week prior to attending the course.
Contact Joan to find out more, and express your interest in joining the next group.
Once you sign up you’ll have the opportunity to discuss your specific interests and questions via a short telephone call before your first session.
Note: to maximise benefits for participants, a maximum of 15 places are available for each course.