A six week mindful living course for greater wellbeing
Are you experiencing overwhelm, anxiety or difficult relationships?
Do you find yourself ‘losing it’ despite your best intentions?
Have you ever gone through the whole day on automatic pilot without noticing that you’re alive?
Mindfully Me – a six week mindful living course to decrease stress and increase wellbeing is here to help.
Practiced regularly, mindfulness is a proven pathway to greater contentment and inner peace, through the development of compassion, awareness and focused attention. Mindfulness can help to counter the fight or flight response, calm your nervous system and restore much needed balance to your life.
Each week press pause on the hectic pace of modern life and join with others for quiet reflection in a small group setting.
“Within you there is a stillness and a sanctuary to which you can retreat at any time and be yourself.” – Herman Hesse
- practical skills to deal with difficult thoughts and emotions
- the benefits of cultivating a non-judging attitude of openness, curiosity and compassion
- how to adapt to and handle stressful situations
- why self-acceptance is at the heart of all meaningful change
- the key to transforming all your relationships: the way you think, feel, eat, live, love and work
- how to reconnect with the wonders of nature and the many advantages for your health and wellbeing
- responding vs. reacting, making better moment-to-moment choices
- tried and true tips to make mindfulness practice an indispensable part of your life
Who its for
- All beginning mindfulness practitioners, and those with some experience, wishing to embed a mindfulness practice into their daily lives.
- Those wanting to build resilience, self-awareness and self-compassion through practical skills and experience.
The course will be adapted to the needs of participants, with a focus on befriending yourself as you develop your own formal and informal mindfulness practice.
Mindfulness can be an effective complement but is not a substitute for other mental health treatments. Where relevant, please discuss participation in the course with your current health practitioners.
What you will gain
Your commitment to attend all classes and practice daily for 10 to 20 minutes will allow you to receive the many benefits of mindfulness:
- greater sense of wellbeing
- ability to better handle day-to-day life situations and stress
- improved health and immune system
- increased levels of attention and focus
- greater creative problem solving ability
- a new relationship to your thoughts, feelings and experiences
- a deeper understanding and insight into your mind and self
Backed by decades of scientific research and growing participation worldwide, from elite sportspeople and artists to the world’s most successful companies, daily mindfulness practice for a period of only 8 weeks will actually change your brain.
- 6 weekly sessions x 1.5 hours
- Student workbook and weekly inspirational email
- Ongoing support and guidance from an experienced mindfulness practitioner and coach
- Connection with a group of like-minded people dealing with life’s daily challenges
- Effective mindfulness tools and meditations
- Daily mindfulness practice of 10 to 20 minutes throughout the program
When: Tuesdays or Thursdays from 7.00 to 8.30pm (1.5 hours)
Where:Brindabella Natural Health, Dickson
Dates: New course dates for February/ March 2018 TBC
Investment: $255 paid in full on booking the course ($15 discount for upfront payment).
Alternatively, a $100 course booking fee can be paid to secure a spot, with remainder of $170 payable no later than 1 week prior to attending the course.
Contact Joan to find out more, and express your interest in joining the next group.
Once you sign up you’ll have the opportunity to discuss your specific interests and questions via a short telephone call before your first session.
Note: to maximise benefits for participants, a maximum of 15 places are available for each course.