Getting outdoors and into nature can be a little more of a challenge in winter.
To bring the outdoors inside—and sneak in some gardening time in the comfort of your home, why not make a mini-terrarium!
You only need a glass jar and a few items from the garden shop. Select plants according to their water needs, succulents and cacti, or mosses and ferns go well together. You can even add some cute little animals, to have your own miniature habitat garden.
This guide has all the details for DIY terrariums
Get creative and bring some much needed green to your desk or dining table.
More suggestions for getting into the great outdoors
- Hit the snow—ski, snowboard or simply throw snowballs!
- Woody walks—get rugged up to wend your way through a local forest or reserve.
- Ride to work—even once a week will boost your energy and productivity levels.
- Get high—pick your local peak or hilltop and head to the top. Pack a snack and enjoy the new perspective.
- Heal—if time is short, take your (or a neighbours) dog exploring. A great mood shifter for you, and your canine.